Leisure Golf at Zebula Country Club
World-class Golf Course and Practice Facility in the African bush!
Zebula Golf Course is a classic Bushveld par 72 course, set in the open plains of the reserve with herds of game roaming freely. The course is relatively flat yet undulating, inviting to play with generous fairways and clusters of trees that act as hazards. Voted the Golf Digest’s Best New Golf Course 2004 and awarded the 5 star Golf Experience for 2010 by Compleat Golfer, Zebula has matured wonderfully over the past few years into a truly great course to play.
Zebula was designed by the legendary Peter Matkovich, a golf professional for 25 years, and a world-respected golf course designer for more than 15 years. When it comes to golf course design, first and foremost Peter is an environmentalist – seamlessly blending nature and design to create golf courses that are inherently sensitive to local environments. In fact, love for the indigenous remains a cornerstone of his designs; to him, golf should offer a retreat, an escape, from one’s busy life.
The layout, built to USGA specifications with kikuyu fairways and bent grass greens is so much part of the bushveld experience that one wouldn’t be surprised to encounter a lofty giraffe or a shy zebra or two during your golfing experience. The wonderful year-round climate and the judicious use of naturally occurring water practically guarantees the course will be green year round.
Bookings and enquiries for all Activities and Adventures
Tel: +27 014 734 7730
Fax: +27 014 734 7701
Directions to Zebula from Gauteng
* From Johannesburg / Pretoria, take the N1 to Polokwane (Pietersburg)
* Take the R516 to Warmbaths / Bela Bela (exit 238)
* Turn left towards Bela Bela (Warmbaths)
* Go straight for +/- 10km
* At the T-junction (with the Waterfront in front of you), turn right
* Go over the bridge, first robot left
* Follow the road around a sharp right-bend
* Go straight across the first stop, turning left at the second stop (Spar accross from Stop)
* Go past the Aventura Resort on your left
* At the roundabout (circle), turn left towards Thabazimbi
* Drive +/- 35km, passing Mabalingwe Game Reserve on the right
* Turn right on the tarred road towards Rooiberg (non-settled African Market on one corner)
* Drive +/- 4km and turn right at the Mabula Sign
* Drive +/- 5km down the newly tarred road
* You will pass Adventures with Elephants on your left hand side
* Zebula Golf Estate & Spa will be on your right hand side
* Follow the signs to the Clubhouse
S – 24 45.909
E – 27 56.976
(* Please note – at NO stage of your journey should you be driving on a gravel road (apart from the Zebula Maingate towards the Clubhouse). Should your GPS direct you on a gravel / dirt road, follow the directions above, or contact the Zebula Reception on 014 734 7700 to guide you towards your destination)
Farm No 534 KQ